Saturday, January 2, 2016

The new year 2016

So the Holidays are done and now the real countdown can start again. For Christmas I received lots of Camino stuff. Things that needed replacement  like knee brace , hiking pole tips, day pack, pepper spray ( lol Sophie thought and was right, that it would be a good thing to have if I end up going alone .) and also some new items like a selfie stick and a activity tracker watch. Fun fun. So today I decided to start my pre Camino training. Jan and Feb and March regular 4 mile walks and twice a month a longer one up to 10 miles. Then in April and May I will start walking with my fully loaded pack again. Today I did my first 9 mile walk in a long time. It went great. Last year when I did my first 9 mile walk I was exhausted and it felt like 20 miles.... Today no problem at all so I think my body is still in good walking shape and used to long distances now. The only issue I have is some plantar fasciitis pain on my right foot. I made an appointment to have it checked so fingers crossed . 5 month countdown .....:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment